Wednesday 20 March 2013

Interview with Jason E. Maurer

Today I joined by Jason E. Maurer. Here is a little bit more about him.






Author Bio


Jason E. Maurer is the author of several short stories and novels that range in genre from romance to mystery, and everything in between. The work he produces is the result of a mind that can only be defined as ‘eclectic’.

His latest novel “Trust and Love” is a gay romance that centers around the hope for a better future by advocating the “It Gets Better” Campaign, a cause that helps prevent teen suicide.

Jason lives in central Pennsylvania, and has chosen to dedicate his spare time [which at this point is anytime he is not sleeping] to the pursuit of the American dream on the road to happiness


Interview 


Hi Jason, thank you for accepting to be interviewed. As my blog says ‘ Complete randomness from a crazy author’ so expect the unexpected.

How long have you wanted to be a writer?

Since I was a teenager.

Have you come up against any hurdles along the way?

I’ve had the unfortunate luck of losing all of my writing twice in my life. In my opinion, that is the worst thing that can possibly happen. Being rejected by a publisher pales in comparison.

I have had a similar problem when a couple of my pcs died. Most of the time I use a pen and paper and write it up afterwards, but now and again I get caught in the flow and just write. Then my pc blew up and I just cried
What would you say is the most difficult thing about being a writer?

The process of getting my thoughts from brain to written form. I’ve often said that someone should invent a machine that can automatically transfer ideas to paper instantaneously.

Or like I have always said…… someone who can sit inside our heads, ;like a personal assistant, and take notes.
What or who inspires you to write?    

Nothing in particular. Random ideas, mostly.


Do you have any other writing projects on the go, apart from your current series?

I have about a dozen or so novels in progress. It’s a never-ending cycle.

If you could be any of your characters who would it be and why?

At this point in time, I would be Nathan Parker from my novel “Trust and Love”, because he and his celebrity partner Trevor have the ability to reach numerous people to spread the word about the It Gets Better Campaign to help LGBT youth in need.

That sounds really good.
What genre would you say your books are in?

It varies from psychological thriller to coming-of-age, mystery, and romance. It all depends on the story I’m working on at the time



My Blog
Amazon Author Page
Facebook
Goodreads
Smashwords
Twitter
And for those who live in central Pennsylvania and in need of a wedding cake:
http://weddingcakesbyjason.tripod.com/



Here are just a few of the books that Jason has published. Why not check out his amazon. etc pages to find out what other great stories he has written.








Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog interview with Jason E. Maurer. Dont forget to follow my blog and if you have any questions for Jason then please free to leave a comment :)
Thanks again Jason, I hope you enjoyed the interviewed and if you ever fancy making me a cake and sending it over to the UK then give me a shout :)


No comments:

Post a Comment