Thursday 14 March 2013

Interview with Bonnie Bernard

Hi all,

Thank  you for popping by my blog. Today I am joined by the lovely Bonnie Bernard. Here is a little bit more about her.



Author Bio


Bonnie Bernard is an alter ego of a feisty redhead who lives in the Rocky Mountains with her husband, a dog, and two cats – one of which owns everybody and everything in the house.  They share their old home with a ghost who likes to flip switches and throw power tools until he gets what he wants (bright, shiny objects to play with). 
Bonnie spends her time writing, hiking and having fun with her friends.  She enjoys planting obscure specimen in the backyard garden to see what pops up, and she’s fascinated by unseen forces and creepy-crawly things. 

I'm not too sure about the whole creep-crawly thing *shudders* 


Now lets move on to the all important interview :)


Interview



Hi Bonnie thank you for accepting to be interviewed. As my blog says ‘ Complete randomness from a crazy author’ so expect the unexpected J

Yay! I like randomness and the unexpected. Thanks for inviting me.

How long have you wanted to be a writer?

When I was five years old, my (at the time) best friend and I took a boxful of Magic Markers to the clean white walls in her mother’s brand new condo. We wrote our names over and over until we got caught and punished for the wicked deed. I was never allowed back in the house until I learned my lesson. Here’s the lesson I learned - “Writing things down gets you noticed.”  J

Lmao. You sound like you were a mischievous child J
Have you come up against any hurdles along the way?

It started with the above hurdle, so everything else just seems like speed bumps in comparison. Girl’s gotta write, right?

Very, very true J Would have been cool if you managed to get a picture of you standing next to where you had written your name lol.
What would you say is the most difficult thing about being a writer is?

Self promotion. I would rather chew on glass shards.

I know exactly how you feel. I am awful at it. This is one of the reasons I thought I would start interviewing fellow authors , like yourself.
What or who inspires you to write?

The voices in my head…always chatty, often demanding, and sometimes armed and dangerous.

Yeah sometimes I wish I had a personal assistant who would sit inside my head and take notes for me lol.
If  your books are a series, how many books do you plan to have in your series?

I have a trilogy out now, (Midnight Hunter trilogy). Due to its popularity with readers, I’m working on a spin off trilogy, plus an unrelated trilogy. Huh…I seem to do things in threes.

That is awesome J
Do you have any other writing projects on the go, apart from your current series?

Always. I recently published a short story anthology for charity.

If you could be any of your characters who would it be and why?

Howie Evil, because he’s crazy and wicked, like a mash up between Grumpy Cat and Dean Winchester.

Something tells me you have a wicked and crazy side to you…… lol
What genre would you say your books are in?

Supernatural fiction. I like playing with the dark side.



Do you have any favourite authors?

Weirdly, the authors I like best are the ones I write nothing like. Jane Austen, DH Lawrence, any Bronte sister, Edward Gorey.

That’s cool. I was recently told I have a writing style like Jane Austen. I thought that is an awesome compliment J
As a Brit we have one burning question going around our country…………… Do you scrunch or fold? ;) (toilet paper)

“Fold”? lol, seriously? No way. I’m a scruncher.


What do you like to do besides writing?

Hike barefoot, drink coffee with friends, participate in community organization/volunteer work, garden, spoil my pets, go on road trips with my husband.


Barefoot? Ouchie!
What is your favourite cheese?

Cheddar/chocolate.


Ewwww chocolate cheese? My kids like that stuff. It is just wrong lol
Sweet or savoury?

If it’s food, I am not going to discriminate.


Would you rather be attacked by one horse sized duck or 20 duck sized horses?

With the duck, I get feathers and with the horses I get fertilizer. It’s a win-win either way. Bring on both.


LOL I can just see you know lol
If you had one wish that I could wave a magic wand and grant you, what would it be and why?

Endless calories with no weight gain. Why? Well…because I love food way too much. Also - I’d like for everybody to see the joy in life and pass that along to others. A big world of happiness. Why? Because we’re all stuck on this planet, so why not make it a positive place to be.


Sounds like a great wish J
Well thank you so much for letting me interview you and I hope you had fun J


Let's take a look at Bonnie's Midnight Hunter Trilogy. Here is a blurb she sent me:

Midnight Hunter Trilogy blurb


Donna McCormick is a smart, pretty college student with a best friend, a dream of a normal life, and a promising future. Donna’s twenty-first birthday is just one week away. Unfortunately, so is her murder. Pursued in her dreams by a mysterious man who claims to be her Eternal Partner, in her waking hours Donna faces another who claims to be the same. One wants her dead and the other promises to keep her alive. Too bad she can’t tell which is which. It doesn’t help that neither is entirely honest, or for that matter entirely human.
To make matters worse, just when she needs her most, Donna’s best friend deserts her and her knight in five speed armor disappears. With no other choice, Donna seeks help from a legendary demon. He hates interruptions almost as much as he hates humans, and Donna is guilty of being both. His finger is on the trigger, Donna is in his sights, and he’s promised to blow her brains out if she gets any closer. Desperate, she takes a step toward the monster...
College is a distant memory, the fate of the future is in Donna’s hands, and the world is on a collision course with Chaos. Too bad the only way out is down.



How good does that sound!


 







To find out more about Bonnie then why not check out her website bonniebernard.com


Well that is all for today. I hope you all enjoyed reading all about Bonnie and her books.
Don't forget to follow me and keep up to date with all of my other blogs :)




No comments:

Post a Comment