Wednesday 13 February 2013

Reviews

As an indie author we want our work to be known. We don't have publishers who help us with all the promotional things we need. So a lot of us choose to offer a free read and review service. Where we offer people a copy of our books for free in exchange for a review.
Even though I am a writer I still love nothing more than picking up a book from a indie author and giving them my honest review.
Now I have had some great feedback which is great. I know not everyone likes the same type of books, but I would like to think that people who want to read my books are people who think 'wow I really like the sound of this' rather than saying 'hey there is a book up for free in exchange for a review'. In my opinion you should only offer accept a free read and review of a book if the book is something you would happily buy.
I for one would never decide to read a book if I thought the book was not for me.
I remember downloading the Species Intervention series. Now when I read the blurb I did think hmmmm, but there was something about it that I found intriguing, and I am glad I chose to read them as they are amazing. I have read the first 3 books in the series and love them. I cant wait to start reading the 4th.
Currently I am reading a book by K.S Haigwood called Hell's Gift, which is available to buy on the 15th February 2013. I read the first book in the series called Save my Soul and loved it, so I was very eager to read the second.
There are writers out there who actually do not read. But I live by the motto that Stephen King once said 'If a writer does not read then they do not have the right tools to write"
Sometimes though I find myself reading more than writing lol.
If I am reviewing a book and there are things in it I don't like or am confused by etc, before I leave a review I will always send the author a private message, just so I can discuss any issues I have with the book. I have rarely had to do that.
It may seem that I am writing but I just wanted to share my opinion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment