Tuesday 15 January 2013

Dental cancellation charges

Living in the UK we get free healthcare but a lot of people still have to pay for dental treatment. Children and certain adults are exempt and get dental care for free. I am one of those people.
I attend regular appointments, but today my youngest daughter was off school as she is ill. Something that happens a lot (She is ill about once a month and back n forth to Drs and hospitals etc). So I decided to give my dentist a call to rearrange only to be told that I would incur a charge with it being short notice. I find this disgraceful. At least I called them to let them know. If I had just not bothered turning up then I would understand completely.
Sickness does NOT have a time frame. You do not get a telephone call or text message a week before saying 'You will ill on this date with this illness' It is absolutely shocking and something needs to be done about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment